Hello, guys, here is an article concerning inversion in the English language, specially prepared for those who are obliged to participate in exams or those who would like to improve their writing skill.火龙果智能写作
1. Only by practising a few hours every day _____ be able to use it.
A. you can B. can you C. you will D. will you
否定副词 not, never, seldom, little, hardly, scarcely, nowhere, few, not until等位于句首时，句子要倒装。比如：
2. Not a single song _____ at yesterday’s party.火龙果智能写作
A. she sang B. sang she C. did she sing D. she did sang
3. Seldom _____ any mistakes during my past few years of working here.
A. would I make B. did I make C. I did make D. shall I make
4. Not until I began to work _____ how much time I had wasted.
A. didn’t I realize B. did I realize C. I didn’ t realize D. I realize
副词 so放在句首，表示前肯定句中所说的情形也适用于另一个人，这句话是要倒装的；当 neither, nor放在句首，表示前否定句也适用于其他人，这句话是要倒装的；而 so, nor, neither，表示同一概念的肯定或否定句也是要倒装的。比如：
5. My brother had a bad cold last week, and so _____.
A. did I B. had I C. was I D. I did
6. “Do you know Jim quarreled with his brother?”
" I didn' t know,_____
A. nor don’t I care B. nor do I care C. I don’t care neither D. I don’t care also火龙果智能写作
7. He is a good student, and works very hard, _____.
A. so it is with her B. so does she C. so is he D. neither does she
带有否定意义的连词放在句首，例如 no sooner… than…， neither… nor, hardly… when…， scarcely… when…， not… until…等等。比如：
8. _____ entered the office when he realized that he had forgotten his report.
A. He hardly had B. Had he hardly C. Hardly had he D. Hardly he had
以 here, how, there, then等副词出现在句首，表示倒装。比如：
9. Then _____ the Civil War.
A. did follow B. followed C. does follow D. following
一些介词短语如 at no time, in no case, by no means, manya time, only in this way要在句首倒装。比如：
10. Many a time _____ swimming alone.
A. the boy went B. went the boy C. did the boy go D. did go the boy
11. Only in this way _____ the problems.
A. you can solve B. can you solve C. you solve D. did you solve
虚拟语气的条件从句，省略 if之后， had, were, should等等放在条件句的主语之前，构成倒装。比如：
12. _____ it rain tomorrow, we would have to put off visiting Beijing.
A. Were B. Should C. Would D. Will
由 as, though, however和 however组成的让步状语从句，其一般结构如下：形容词(如副词或名词)+ as/though/however+主语+谓语。比如：
13. _____ , mother will wait for him to have dinner together.
A. However late is he B. However he is late C. However is he late D. Late, however, he is
回答：1. B 2. C 3. B 4. B 5. A 6. B 7. B 8. C 9. B 10. C 11. B 12. B 13. B
副词，如 here, there, then, in, up, down, off, away，等等，都用来表示强调。火龙果智能写作
Then rang the bell.
Here comes the bus.
Here come the buses.
A girl stood in front of the house. =In front of the house stood a girl.
Mr Li came in.=In came Mr Li.=In he came.
四、在句首放一个表语，强调它，或保持句子平衡。(形容词， ed, ing分词，介词)+ be+主语。例子：
Present at the meeting was Professor Li.
Fastened on the wall was a gun.
Hanging behind the door was a skirt.
Outside the doctor's were 10 patients.
Only then did I realize I was wrong.
Only at work does he feel happy.
Only if he has time will he come here.
(Only socialism can save China./Only the boy can work out the problem.)
2. hardly、 never、scarcely'not、 no、 little、 seldom、 not until、 in no time等否定词(词组)都放在句首。例子：
I have never been to London.=Never have I been to London.
Seldom does she wear skirt.
Not a single mistake did he make.
3. so. that中的 so或 such. that中的 such在句首时(such+ be+ home)。例子：
He is so busy that he can't attend it. =So busy is he that he can't attend it.
Such a nice pen does he has that he likes it very much.
Though she is pretty, she is not clever.=Pretty as she is, she is not clever.